Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions, the booking form and the confirmation of booking (usually sent by email) form the agreement between the Client and LTA Events Limited (“The LTA”) and the booking agency PRG Marketing Communications (“PRG”) for the provision of hospitality at the Nature Valley International (“The Event”).
Any terms defined in the booking form and used in these terms and conditions shall have the meanings attributed to them in the booking form.
- Acceptance of Booking
- A booking shall be considered provisional when the Client has returned an online booking form to PRG indicating its acceptance of these terms and conditions. For bookings made before 16th December 2019, 50% of the hospitality price will be due immediately, with the remaining balance due in January 2020. For bookings after 16th December 2019, 100% of the hospitality price (plus any VAT due) is required immediately to completely secure your booking and is subject to clause 3.2, non-refundable. Please note that the terms and conditions apply both before and after payment has been made.
- The Client acknowledges that the availability of the hospitality packages cannot be guaranteed and a booking will be subject to availability at the time the online booking form is received by PRG.
- A booking shall only be considered confirmed and this contract shall only become effective upon the issue by PRG of a “Confirmation of Booking”. PRG may (at their discretion) issue the Confirmation of Booking via email or post.
- Payment Terms
- Subject to the clause 2.2 below, in the case of bookings made on or after July 2019 the balance of the total price (plus VAT) must be paid immediately unless agreed otherwise by PRG Marketing Communications. Payment must be made by one of the methods indicated on the invoice.
- If the booking is made within four (4) weeks of the first day of the Event, the total price (plus VAT) must be paid immediately.
- If the payment of the total price (plus VAT) is not made in full by the relevant date specified in clauses 2.1 and 2.2 above, PRG reserves the right to cancel the booking and sell the hospitality packages to a third party and retain any deposits made.
- PRG reserves the right not to release documents, passes or Event tickets unless payment has been received in full.
- All prices are exclusive of VAT (unless otherwise stated) which is payable in addition by the Client.
- Prices are inclusive of food, other than any food supplied to meet Clients’ special dietary requirements (as notified to PRG or the LTA in accordance with clause 4.3). The LTA shall invoice the Client for any additional costs for supplying food meeting special dietary requirements within 40 days of the last day of the Event. The Client shall pay the LTA the amount due within 30 days of receipt of invoice.
- Cancellations by the Client
- Cancellations must be notified to PRG or the LTA in writing. In the event of cancellation by the Client at any time after the LTA has issued the email of Confirmation of Booking once the booking form has been submitted, the Client shall compensate the LTA/PRG for any damage or loss suffered by it as a result of the cancellation. Subject to clause 3.2 the LTA/PRG shall charge the Client 50% of the hospitality price (plus VAT) if the booking is cancelled after July 2019, or 100% of the hospitality price (plus VAT) if the booking is cancelled after 16th December 2019.
- In the event of cancellation by the Client after PRG has issued a Confirmation of Booking, if the LTA/PRG are able to obtain a suitable replacement Client the LTA/PRG shall be entitled to retain a handling fee of 10% of the hospitality price (plus VAT) and the balance shall be refunded to the Client. The LTA/PRG will only seek to obtain a replacement Client once the hospitality available in the booked area on the relevant day is otherwise at full capacity.
- The LTA/PRG are entitled to retain the deposit and/or the hospitality price in full or part payment of any cancellation or handling fees incurred under this clause 3.
- Tickets and Passes
- Subject to payment of the Total Price having been received by the LTA or PRG, PRG shall send to the Booking Contact at least two (2) weeks prior to the start of the Event a hospitality pass for each guest of the Client (“Guest”).
- The booking contact shall be responsible for distributing the hospitality passes to the Guests. No person will be admitted to Devonshire Park grounds without a valid hospitality pass. No liability is accepted by the LTA or PRG in the event that a Guest is denied entry to the Devonshire Park.
- The Client agrees to provide PRG with a dietary requirements list including details of any food allergies and the name of the Client’s nominated “Host” and the Client’s Guests at least two (2) weeks prior to the first day of the Event. PRG will pass on details of any dietary requirements to the LTA’s caterer. However the LTA or PRG do not guarantee that any of the food or drink products served in the grounds are free from nuts, gluten, lactose or any other allergens. There may be an additional cost for supplying food which meets the Client’s dietary requirements.
- The Centre Court tickets will be made available for collection by the Client’s host at Devonshire Park on the event date.
- The LTA will, so far as is possible given the constraints of issuing tickets, try to seat Guests together on the Centre Court and guarantees that each Guest will be seated adjacent to at least one (1) other Guest from the same booking. However, the LTA cannot guarantee that all of the Guests of one booking will have Centre Court tickets for adjacent seats.
- The Client acknowledges that the LTA cannot guarantee:
- Whether any play will take place on Centre Court on the event date;
- The length of play on Centre Court on the event date;
- The stage in the tournament which will be played on the event date; or
- The identity of the players who will appear on the Centre Court on the event date.
- Nature Valley International Rules and Regulations – The following rules and regulations apply to the use by Guests of the hospitality areas at the event:
- The Client agrees to notify all the Guests of the Nature Valley International Rules and Regulations annexed to this agreement and to ensure that the Guests comply with the said Rules and Regulations.
- The Client agrees to ensure that its Guests abide by any rules imposed by the Event and any terms and conditions with the hospitality passes or Centre Court tickets.
- A valid hospitality pass is required for entry into Devonshire Park Grounds and the relevant hospitality area at the Event (“the Hospitality area”). To avoid embarrassment, Official Guests should not invite non-official Guests to join them in the hospitality area.
- No liability is accepted by the LTA or PRG for any possessions or belongings which are left unattended at any time.
- The rules of Devonshire Park prohibit any branded merchandise from being brought into the championship grounds without prior consent. For this reason, Guests are not permitted to bring any branded promotional good or other merchandise into, or distribute within the hospitality areas, without prior agreement from the LTA.Aggressive, violent or abusive behaviour will not be tolerated. The LTA shall have the right to remove any person from the hospitality areas who demonstrates such behaviour.
- It is not permitted for any Client or Guest to re-sell or transfer (whether for money consideration or otherwise) any hospitality tickets or packages that he/she may have purchased or acquired or to act as an agent in the sale of such hospitality tickets or packages.
- Cancellations and Alternative Arrangements
- The Client acknowledges that:
- The duration of any tennis played is dependent on the weather of the event date and is controlled by the Event referee and not the LTA; and
- The hospitality facilities of the Event are not dependent on the weather on the event date and will be available irrespective of whether tennis on Centre Court is interrupted, suspended or cancelled.
- In the event that the LTA makes any material changes to the hospitality facilities to be provided at the Event or cancels them for any reason other than the event of force majeure, the LTA will use its reasonable endeavours to ensure that alternative arrangements are offered which are of at least or equal to a superior standard. For the purpose of this clause, ‘force majeure’ shall mean any event in which the LTA or supplier of the service in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid including (without limitation) war and threat of war, civil strife, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, industrial dispute, epidemic, pestilence, adverse weather or all other events outside the LTA or PRG’s control.
- The Client acknowledges that:
- Raincheck Scheme
- As the Event is outdoors, play will be subject to weather. If, due to unfavourable weather conditions on the day for which the Centre Court ticket is valid, there is less than one (1) non-consecutive hour’s play on Centre Court, you may claim a refund up to the face value of the Centre Court ticket. You won’t however, be able to claim a refund for the full hospitality price as this is not weather dependent and will continue service.
- If there is one (1) hour or more but less than two (2) hours of non-consecutive play in total on Centre Court you may claim a refund of 50% of the face value of the Centre Court ticket.
- These refund provisions do not apply where all of the play scheduled for that day for the court(s) which that ticket specifically gives access to has taken place (the latest version of the schedule, including revised schedules released on the day of play, shall apply for these purposes). In such cases, no refund will be given.
- The amount of play is measured using the official record of the court umpires.
- In no circumstances can money be refunded other than as specified in these terms and conditions. Should your situation apply to any of clauses 7.1 and 7.2 the booking contact should contact PRG the next working day. Any transaction, administration, booking and/or fulfilment fees are non-refundable. PRG will refund the face value or 50% of each ticket to the hospitality booker only and not its Guests.
- PRG will aim to refund the final value within 30 days once appropriate bank details have been supplied by the booking contact.
- The LTA welcomes Guests who are wheelchair users or who have other specific physical access requirements. The LTA’s health and safety requirements mean that the number of such visitors at any one time is limited. The LTA recommends that the Client informs the hospitality team of any wheelchair access requirements and obtain confirmation that such requirements can be met before confirming the booking.
- The LTA operates an over 16 policy in all hospitality areas. In the event that a Guest is under the age of 16 it will be at the LTA’s discretion whether they allow them into the suite. The hospitality booker must inform the LTA or PRG of this and check before completing the booking form.
- Subject to clause 9.4, the liability of the LTA to the Client for any loss, damage, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, loss of profits), whether direct or indirect and howsoever caused resulting from the acts or omissions of the LTA and its employees, agents and representatives in connection with the provision of the hospitality and breach of this agreement shall be limited to the total price (plus VAT).
- The LTA or PRG accepts no liability for any possessions of the Guests left unattended or in any cloakroom within the Devonshire Park grounds.
- The Client accepts liability for any loss, damage, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, loss of profits), whether direct or indirect, howsoever caused, and whether arising from any dispute, contractual, tortuous or other claims or proceedings or otherwise resulting from the acts or omissions of the Client and its employees, agents and representatives or the acts and omissions of any of its Guests while in Devonshire Park grounds or resulting from a breach of this agreement and the Client agrees to indemnify the LTA against all and any such liability, loss, damage, costs and expenses suffered by LTA or by any third party.
- Nothing within this agreement shall limit or exclude either party’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence for any loss, damage, costs and expenses caused by an act of fraud or which may not lawfully be excluded.
- The booking form, confirmation of booking and Nature Valley International’s hospitality rules and regulations shall be incorporated into this agreement.
- The Client shall not assign or otherwise transfer or sell its agreements rights and obligations under this agreement or the benefits of any hospitality packages or tickets to any third party.
- This agreement sets out the entire agreement and understanding between the parties in respect of the subject matter of this agreement. The Client acknowledges that it has entered into this agreement in reliance only upon representations, warranties and promises specifically contained or incorporated in this agreement and save as expressly set out in this agreement, the LTA shall have no liability in respect of any representation warranty or promise made prior to the date of this agreement unless such representative, warranty or promise was made fraudulently.
- Any notice required to be given under this agreement shall be in writing and shall be delivered personally, be left at, or sent by prepaid first class post or fax to the LTA office at the National Tennis Centre, 100 Priory Lane, Roehampton, London, SW15 5JQ or to the address of the Client set out on the booking form (as applicable).
- No purported variation of this agreement shall be effective unless it is in writing and signed by or on behalf of each of the parties.
- No failure or delay by the LTA to exercise any right or remedy provided under this agreement or by law shall constitute a waiver of that (or any other) remedy, nor preclude or restrict its further exercise. No single or partial exercise or that (or any other) right or remedy.
- No term of this agreement is enforceable pursuant to the contracts (rights of third parties) Act 1999 by any person who is not a party to it.
- This agreement shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and each of the parties irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) policy (as of 9/3/2020)
Given the news coverage around the outbreak of the coronavirus (COVID-19), the LTA would like to provide ticket-holders and prospective ticket-buyers with reassurance regarding this summer’s grass court tournaments.
The latest Government advice is that there is currently no requirement to make changes to or cancel planned sporting events in the UK. The LTA is monitoring the situation and is in continued dialogue with the Department of Culture, Media and Sport. In the event of a cancellation of any major grass court tournament in Britain this summer on the advice of the UK Government (as a result of the coronavirus), the LTA would refund the face value for all current and future tickets purchased for that tournament from the Official Tournament Box Office (See Tickets or The Ticket Factory).